Studying Italian language, art, culture, history, and politics has been a hobby of mine for almost 20 years. In 2005, I developed the web site Parola del Giorno (www.paroladelgiorno.com) — also known by its acronym PdG – to help students of Italian build their vocabulary. PdG celebrated its 10 year anniversary in 2015! In 2021, we have migrated our web site to Substack, where we continue to publish daily and weekly updates.
In 2014, I founded and have, slowly but surely, worked to develop a small publishing company called PdG Press. Since 2014, two co-authors and I have written a number of language guides published through our budding publishing house PdG Press. Along with our stand-alone language guides, we have also published the series “Piccole Guide,” which debuted in 2017, language guides between 40-60 pages on important topics of Italian grammar.
We have published the following stand-alone titles:
- Il vero italiano: your guide to speaking “real” Italian (2014) – with Francesco Rossi
- Il vero italiano 2: Practice makes perfect (2015) – with Daniele Laudadio
- Il perfetto congiuntivo (2015) – with Francesco Rossi
- Preposizioni (Prepositions) – Piccole Guide, volume 1 – with Daniele Laudadio
- Ripassiamo! (Let’s Review!) – Piccole Guide, volume 2 – with Daniele Laudadio
- Un viaggio fra i verbi – Piccole Guide, volume 3
- Exercise Supplement for volume 1 – Piccole Guide, volume 4 – with Daniele Laudadio
- Forthcoming — Pronomi in italiano – Piccole Guide, volume 5
- Forthcoming — Vocabulary Builder – Piccole Guide, volume 6
- Forthcoming — Parlare e scrivere del passato – Piccole Guide, volume 7
Our titles are available in paperback from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Lulu.com, and most online bookstores. Our titles can also be ordered by brick-and-mortar stores — simply provide them with the requisite ISBN.